Doug Lane is a lawyer with over 40 years’ experience who practices mainly in the field of property.
Doug has also practiced in Wills and Estates, Commercial Law and Leasing, and has experience in most other areas of law. He had his own practice for many years.
Outside the law Doug is a keen golfer who is a member of the Lakes Golf Club.
Other interests include contract bridge, spectating many different sports, reading and music.
Property and Conveyancing Experience
- Buying and selling real property, including houses, land, commercial and industrial real property, off the plan sales and purchases, retail and commercial developments and the like;
- Advising upon easements, including the appropriate wording for creation of restrictive covenants and easements, and their interpretation;
- Interpretation of Strata-by-laws and the drafting of by-laws.
Wills and Estates
Succession law is a growing field as recent changes in the law and judicial decisions impact on the complexity of what was known as Probate practice (the grant of authority by a Court to an executor) and the laws of intestacy and succession, and this necessarily includes:
- The drafting of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship;
- The consideration of Executors’ duties and the interpretation of Wills often leading on to the seeking of a grant of Probate, or other appropriate Court action;
- The administration of estates on behalf of the executors, and advising them on their duties.
- Sale and purchase of businesses, including commercial leases drafting Deeds and contractual terms and conditions;
- Directors’ duties, and the procedures required by ASIC and other government authorities regulating the corporate world.
Expertise and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Jurisprudence and Bachelor of Laws (UNSW)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
- Admitted to the register of practitioners of the High Court
- Member of Law Society of NSW